Saturday, July 26, 2014

Disney Princesses: Introduction

For Emerald City Comicon 2014, my primary cosplay group--a trio of wonderful ladies--settled on the theme of classic Disney princesses. That meant one cosplay for myself, and two commissions for my fabulous friends.

The chosen princesses were: Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), Ariel (The Little Mermaid), and Belle (Beauty and the Beast). While Snow only has one classic outfit, for the other two princesses we chose Belle's gold ballgown and Ariel's pink dinner dress.

I designed each gown with a focus on realism, interesting textures/fabrics, and details. I drew inspiration from historical fashions, and numerous re-watchings of the movies. I really wanted to play and make each dress visual interesting close-up and from a distance, while maintaining a recognizable silhouette.

Because these were my first truly HUGE cosplay projects, I actually documented the process of making each gown. And so....

Supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment